Monday 12 August 2019

 I started training with a new aikido club, perhaps March-July. Very apprehensive about eye moreso than knee and foot but by July I felt like an aikidoka again; confident that the rolling wouldn't affect the lens in the eye. A youthful club and somewhat objectionable to be regarded a junior, never the less it is advantageous to go back to basics especially with the training variations and my deductions of the differences. A lesson in humility is worth regarding. I hope I get better at it. Tis difficult to crawl when you can prance; pretend ignorance when you've been training these arts as long as I have. I appreciate that only the wise will learn from me whilst engaging in the orchestrated combat.

Back to Judo and I'm avoiding lifting people. I feel comfortable in the basic throws and trips. Have to gain language again. Pokes in the eye are a hazzard, yet I've done that myself in niwaza randori. Very cautious of the injuries until I get confident again and I hope someone reminds me of my limits; as I tend to add another injury, Aging is another precaution, I should admit to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment