Tuesday 5 May 2020

5-5-2020
Were all in covid19 locked out of our activities...training being one of my most valued.
February I was very appreciative to Wing Chun Bing Fa Kung Fu Academy for allowing me a month of training to see if I was upto it, having aged somewhat and injury  since I was a Wing Chun student. It has been many years since I trained William Cheong style Wing Chun. The repetitive drills instill a standard defence finishing with a direct bombardment of continuous blows. Still there is always value in learning different strikes (sao) and strategic applications. Wing Chun has a name for every form of the hand and how it can strike. I found that standing thru-out entire sessions a little difficult for my back. Perhaps there will be another time if they allow a sporadic student.I still hold wing chun concepts very central to my strategies.
never fight force with force, centreline...watching the elbow needs much more work from me.

I attended one session back at Aikido before we were all home grounded for our own health and more so that of others.

Really looked for a new club for judo last year but maybe I'll have to die my hair for youth. Not such a good idea as I dont need any more injuries from that sport. Perhaps I could assist with children.

In my isolation, I'm maintaining my yoga practices to develop asana progressions from simpler posture to more challenging versions. Half heartedly doing the arm balances as well

No comments:

Post a Comment